تینتیسواں اجلاسِ عام
33rd General Session
Ajmer, Rajasthan | 13th November 2016
13 November 2016, at Ajmer Sharif
1. This General session urges Islamic scholars and ulama to work for maintaining unity and harmony among the different schools of thoughts and bring them to on one platform for achieving a common cause. As in the past, when Muslims were on the verge of disintegration, the then president of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind Sheikhul Islam Maulana Husain Ahmad Madani gave a clarion call for unity and harmony saying “It is the special duty of all Muslims in general and Islamic Ulema in particular to get awake and to paper over their differences and to put their collective energies in common cause for betterment of the nation and the community”. Therefore, this session calls upon all the schools of thought and sects to come together and stand united for striving common issues and cause of the community.
2. In the present times, many misconceptions and falsehoods about Islam in the name of terrorism, radicalism and injustices to womenfolk are being spread by forces who are inimical to Islam and Muslims. And this malicious campaign is not only affecting the just and neutral minds but also our new generation. In this context, it should be our prime duty and first priority to dispel the misgivings about Islam and present the true face of Islam to the world.
3. The session firmly believes that Islam is a religion of peace and harmony and the existence of Muslims and their Islamic character in the society is a boon and bliss for the whole humanity. So this aspect of Islam should not be confined to only Muslims and Muslims should avoid polemic approach in their dawah work, and their character should reflect the true teaching of Islam. The session underlines the fact that Islam’s main and prime objective is not grabbing power but establishing justice and equality as well as eliminating disorder and violence from the earth
4. It is a basic component of Islam’s global message of peace that to keep away from wars and strive for peaceful means for resolving disputes. Protecting and rescuing people from bloodbath and establishing peace is the real Jihad in Islam. Islam holds chaos and disorder of all kinds, disharmony, bloodshed and targeting of innocent people as most heinous crime. Therefore, the session strongly condemns terrorism in all its forms. In this connection, it once again fully endorses the fatwa of Darul Uloom Deoband. We appeal to all the justice loving people that they should not only denounce terrorism but also try to remove the causes and motives that breed terrorism.
5. On the other side, however, framing innocent people in terror cases has become a pattern and it has also become a legal tool in the hands of oppressors to harass innocent persons. Therefore, we appeal to justice-loving people to fight the cases of innocent persons who have been framed in false cases.
6. The session feels that forging unity and bonds with Dalits and backward sections of the society is utmost necessary for establishing equality and justice in the society and we should work together with them for achieving the goal of social justice.
7. For cleansing and eradicating crimes, immoral customs, extravagance, alcoholism, drug addiction, sexual exploitation, nudity and female foeticide from the society, the session calls upon the leaders of all the faiths and reformative organizations for their cooperation in this endeavour. The Jamiat Ulama-i- Hind has decided of launching a campaign against alcoholism and social evils during the whole year of 2017.
8. On interference in the Muslim Personal Law and Uniform Civil Code issue, the session on this occasion reiterates the message of Maulana Husain Ahmad Madani that “ Muslims in India will live with complete religious , cultural and civil freedom instead of giving in to subjugation, they would prefer to die with honour.” Therefore, we consider practising and preserving our religious identity and dealing our internal matters in accordance with the teachings of Qur’an and Sunnah are our Constitutional rights. In this regard, we also recalls the famous quote of Maulana Asad Madani :
“We are the free citizens of this country and we will not give up (our) these rights at any cost. In case, if Uniform Civil code is imposed on this country or interference made in the Muslim Personal Law, then our status will not be of a free citizen” We also want to urge to Muslims that they should follow the preaching and teaching of Islam in its true spirit as it is the best way of protecting our religious identity. We have to prove practically that Islam has given more rights to women and children.
We have to wage Jihad against wrong-practices prevalent in performing Nikah and Talaaq. We have to spearhead movement for giving proper rights to women in accordance with Islam. We will strive to insert such clauses in the Nikahnama that will resolve any disputes in the martial life through Mahkame Shania. The session also condemns three-talaaq at one go and appeals to every sections of the Muslim society to make stride to eliminate this wrong-practice.
Resolution for enactment of anti-communal violence law
This session of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind considers communal harmony as the pre-condition for the security and integrity of the country. It regards incidence of communal riots as a blot on the face of the nation and stumbling block in the country’s progress. It’s the primary duty of the Government to maintain peace and security in the country. It must not allow communal disturbance. The Jamiat has been pressing upon the previous governments to pass anti-communal valence law but unfortunately they did not heed this demand.
Therefore this session of the Jamiat demands from the Central and the state Governments:
1. Enact effective law to prevent communal violence and to provide adequate compensation to the victims irrespective of religion, minority or majority. The district level civil and police administration should be made accountable for outbreak of communal violence in their areas. They should be empowered to perform their duties effectively so that the culpable elements, political leaders in power and organizations may not escape due punishment. It should ensure disbursal of just and equal compensation to the victims quickly and easily.
2. The objections, from any corner, over the draft of the anti-communal violence law, should be sorted out through mutual discussion in order to facilitate legislation without any further delay and to ensure prompt Justice to the victims.
Resolution for release of innocent young prisoners:
The stand of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind is very clear about terrorism. Terrorism is a global conspiracy against Islam. Otherwise, Islam denounces every act of terrorism and does not allow killing of innocent person and abhors acts of suicidal attacks. Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind has expressed this message of Islam through various conferences and programmes. Now, this conspiracy to blame a particular community has died down. Various decisions of court have proven that innocent prisoners, mostly the youth who have been incarcerated on the basis of flimsy doubts, through the connivance of communally biased officials, Jamiat also demands from the central and the state governments to withdraw
false charges leveled against them and compensate them adequately for the loss of liberty and economic and financial losses suffered due to illegal detention and incarceration. This session of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind declares that it will fight legal and political battle on behalf of innocent youths incarcerated on flimsy ground until they are set free by the judiciary. All cases of terrorism should be reopened and scrutinized again.
Officials who have intentionally destroyed live of innocent persons must be punished and their awards be withdrawn.
Reservation For Muslims
This session of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind expresses deep concern over declining representation of Muslims in different walk of life.
Therefore it demands:
1) Article 341 of the constitution regarding reservation for scheduled caste provides reservation to Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists only. It should be amended and condition of religion should be removed; it should incorporate reservation for Muslim professional and backward classes. The Jamiat demands end of this discrimination on religious ground. The condition of religion under Article 341 violates the fundamental rights enshrined in the articles 14 (right to equality) article 15 (prohibition of discrimination on ground of religion, race, sex, caste and birth etc.)And article 16 (right to equal opportunity).
2) The backward castes of Muslim community already entitled to OBC quota as per Mandal Commission, are denied the due benefits due to discriminatory implementation and practices. Therefore a separate quota should be fixed for them.
3) Since Sachar committee and Ranganath Mishra commission reports have recommended reservation for the Muslim as a backward community this session demands to declare the Muslim community as the most backward class and as such they should be made entitled to reservation.
4) This session demands from the Central and the State governments to legislate for grant of reservation to the Muslim community, holding them, socially, economically and educationally backward, on the pattern of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamilnadu and Kerala.
Resolution for the promotion of national integration and prevention of communalism.
This session of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind expresses deep concern over spread of communalism across all walks of life. It is mainly because of slackening idea of national integration. In India where people of different faiths and sects live, forging of unity among them and bonding them together cohesively is one nation is the demand of the time. Islamic faith directs its followers to develop cordial relations with fellow countrymen. In order to curb communal hatred in the society and in the country, collective interest of the country must prevail over individual interests of each section.
1-Jamiat believes that the majority of Indians are peace loving and have faith in communal harmony and tolerance. Peaceful coexistence and composite nationalism are bedrock of shared culture and tradition of our country. Indians hate violence of every kind and want to live in peace and tranquility. Only a handful of persons are involved in promoting enmity among peoples. Although the numbers of hate mongers are limited but they are capable of vitiating peaceful atmosphere at any time. People of this country should keep strict vigil over such anti-social elements.
2-This session of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind appeals to all political leaders, civil society, citizens group, religious and social leaders and electronic media to launch movement against divisive forces to thwart their nefarious design.
Efforts should be made at the academic level to promote communal harmony in the country by purging the text books of its communally divisive contents.
3-This session of Jamait Ulama-i-Hind appeals to all Muslims to maintain cordial relations with members of every community especially with members of Dalit and backward classes.
4-During pre and post-independence era Jamiat has consistently worked for the promotion of communal harmony and it will continue to follow the course in future too.
5-In order to promote national unity, Jamiat proposes to launch joint social initiatives in collaboration with fellow countrymen namely:
Setup medical camps for the treatment of a particular disease. In such campsmembers of each caste and community would be treated without any discrimination.
Establishment of community centers for intra community common get together and social discourse.
Common movement against social evils such as drug addiction and dowry system.
Organize joint meetings of social leaders to engage on issues of common interest, to remove prevailing misunderstanding.
Resolution for Intra community unity.
This session of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind appeals for launching a joint struggle cutting across every sect on issues concerning the nation and community. It is a call of time that as per past tradition of our ancestors the members of every sects should on a common platform on issues related to the nation and community. It is a past history that sectarian differences among Muslims have caused harm to the nation and the Muslim country. Sectarian differences could not be radically rooted out. Holding differences of opinion on some issue is a human nature. But differences of opinion could not lead to aggressive behavior animosity. It deeply
affect our common interests related to the nation and community. During the period of the companions of the Prophet Mohammad SAW, companions of Prophet Mohammad’s companions too there were differences of opinions over issues related to Islamic jurisprudence, sharia laws etc. Even differences persisted among students and heirs of four Imams. But they did not have
permission to denigrate and pronounce them infidels on the basis of their differences on Islamic jurisprudence.
Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind appeals to the members of every sects that while following their respective ideology they should extend their cooperation to each other and create a conducive climate for better understanding.
This session of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind appeals that members of every sects while retaining their distinct ideology should come on common platfrom to launch a concerted struggle on issues related to the nation and community and adopt a
moderate path. If different political parties having different outlooks, members of trading groups and different countries having different ideologies can come on a common platform to pursue their common interest then why Muslims having different sectarian outlooks cannot come on a common platform to achieve their common goal? Has not a time come for the members of the
different sects that in a changing political, social and economic scenario they should come on a common platform to end their light weight and unitedly raise their voice over issues of common interest? While doing so they should keep aside their minor sectarian differences. It has been a past tradition of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind that it accords topmost priority to common struggle to achieve the
common objective of the Muslims. In view of that, this session of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind invites members of every sect that they should tend their cooperation to each other on issues of common interest and take forward the Muslim community on the path of development and prosperity. This session of JamiatUlama-i-Hind is fully confident that everyone will support it.
Resolution on Dalit-Muslim unity
This session of the working committee of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind want to remove the cobwebs of misunderstanding among Muslims, Dalits, Adivasis and other oppressed communities and bring them on a common platform for the protection
of their constitutional rights. We should accept that in past we have not maintained a cordial and warm relation with members of laborer and other oppressed communities. We have committed several serious in the past and we offer our sincere apology for that. Jamiat overture to hobnob with these oppressed classes is not aimed at gaining political mileage, but it is demand of
their religious faith to raise voice in their support. We only practice equality while praying in the mosque, but out the precinct of the mosque become class conscious. We are uniting with each other to extend our help and cooperation to the oppressed classes. We are not uniting against any particular religion or sect but to launch a joint struggle to achieve fair constitutional rights as the
citizen of this country and root out injustice meted out to us.
Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind has been proponent of communal harmony and Hindu- Muslim unity. It believes in extending help to the oppressed classes irrespective of their religious and caste affiliations. This session of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind condemns heaping of atrocity upon Dalit and Muslims in the name of cow protection and demand strict action against those persons who have taken law and order in their own hands. The constitution of the country does not allow a citizen to discriminate with any citizen on basis of religion caste and sect and create differences among the same. In order to and promote and encourage fraternal and brotherly relations among members of different religious, particularly different caste. In order to achieve this purpose, late Maulana Asad Madani had started a joint eating programme of Muslims and Dalits. The sole objective of this joint eating programme of Muslims and Dalits is to enhance feeling of social respect and launch a struggle for achieving social justice. It’s a matter of grave concern that even today 52 percent Indian citizens practice untouchability and water tight caste system. In this scenario the slogan of “sabka saath sabka vikas’ is meaningless. It’s an open secret that Dalit, Muslims and Adivasi are equally a deprived community. How India can progress if a vast majority of its population remained backward and deprived. It’s a well orchestrated conspiracy to create a climate of clash among members of Muslims and different oppressed classes. We have to unitedly fail this conspiracy against us. This session of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind wants to place under mentioned facts that:
1. Supremacy of law and protection.
2. We should launch a joint struggle for the protection of our rights.
3. We should launch struggle against social inequality and injustice on central, state and local level. We should not be misguided by wrong forces to sabotage our mutual cooperation and jointly work for the welfare of deprived sections of society.
4. We should launch a joint struggle to ensure fair share of national resources to the deprived community.
5. Muslims are worst sufferers during communal riots. We should work jointly to ensure that these victims are adequately represented. It will help in stopping of atrocity upon minority by members of high caste.
6. Dalit and Muslims should keep their areas nit and clean. It will help in ensuring a healthy and better life for them.
It will be a turning point for both Dalit and Muslims if they extend their cooperation to each other. Both communities can extend their cooperation to each other in the following:
1. Create a joint institutional mechanisms to achieve their social-economic and political interests.
2. Create a series of joint consultations/conferences in different states to sustainably spread the message of unity among the two communities.
3. Organize joint local events.
4. Jointly create a pool of social activists for peace and communal harmony.
5. Support each other in times of crisis and violence.
6. Develop evidences based on research and study reports on the status of the two communities, exclusions and human rights violations faced by them.
National Confederation of Dalit Adivasi Organisations (NACDAOR) and Jamiat Ulama-I-Hind urge all the Dalit and Muslim social organizations and activists to join hands in this strategizing and reflection process to address the common concerns of Dalit Muslim communities.
Resolution regarding Muslim endowments (Awqaf)
This session of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind expressed its concern that the income generated by wakf property should be utilized properly.
Many attempts have been made after the independence for proper utilization of wakf property but in vein. There are several issues concerning wakf property.
In view of this Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind put forward the government the following
(1) The Waqf Amendment Bill for eviction of waqf properties, pending in the parliament, incorporating same provisions as applicable to eviction of Public premises, is proposed to take effect from the date of its implementation. It will not help eviction of unauthorized occupants, because almost all wakf properties are very old and remained under illegal occupation for a long period of time.
Therefore Jamiat demands it should be made enforceable with retrospective effect.
(2) Section 107 was included in wakf Act 1995 which exempted waqf properties from limitation act of 1963. This amendment will be useful only if it is implemented retrospectively, because most cases of the wakf properties under unauthorized occupation or under litigation belong to the past. Since the Supreme Court in one of its judgment has said that the exemption from limitation act will
not apply to wakf properties of pre 1996 period. Therefore there is greater need to make amendment in this law to make it applicable retrospectively, so that relief could be obtained in respect of all those waqf properties under unauthorized occupation.
(3) It seems that according to section 85 of Wakf Act only new cases related to the wakf properties can be taken up in the tribunal. The old cases pending in civil courts cannot be transferred to the tribunal. We demand that all the cases related to wakf property pending in civil courts should be transferred to the tribunal.
(4) In all the states, waqf properties should be exempted from Rental Control Act.
(5) In Pursuance of Waqf amendment Bill of 2013, all walk of properties under government’s occupation should be vacated within six months or it should pay rents to waqf board at the market rate.
(6) Constitute waqf boards and appoint required waqf officials wherever waqf board does not exist.
(7) Due to prevailing corruption in the waqqf administration, properties worth several billions are getting destroyed. Efforts should be made to contain such corruption. Punitive action should be initiated against corrupt waqf officials.
(8) Waqf Development Corporation established for the purpose of utilization of waqf properties for the economic uplift of Muslim community, should be activated and its Action Taken Report should be presented.
Resolution on the educational and economic issues of the Muslim community
Education, employment, economic prosperity and peace are four basic pre-requisites for the progress of any community. These two are causatively interconnected with each other. Economic backwardness constricts educational progress and educational backwardness slackens economic growth. It is a matter of grave concern that Muslims are unaware about the importance of good health, education and cleanliness. Majority of them are economically deprived. The enemy of Muslims keeps on hatching conspiracy to disturb peace and tranquility. And sometimes Muslims too fall prey to their conspiracy. We keep on blaming other for our plight but we too are responsible for that.
There is no doubt that the negligence of the Government and the overall communal bias has contributed to the backwardness of Muslim community. Nonetheless the narrow-mindedness and laziness on the part of Muslims can’t be dismissed. Muslims
are backward, but they do not make required efforts for lifting themselves up economically and educationally.
In this scenario, Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind appeals to the Muslims to make a resolve that they would educate their children at all cost. It also appeals to the rich Muslims to establish religious and modern schools separately for the boys and girls up to high
schools and intermediate standard. The Muslim students while protecting their religious and cultural identity should excel in the fields of modern education and compete with their peers from other communities.
Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind demands from the government that for keeping its commitment about “sabka saath sabkaa Vikaas” to remove hurdles in the economic and educational progress of the Muslims and ensure judicious distribution of country’s
resources among all deserving persons.
Resolution on forcing school children to observe religious ritual of a particular religion.
Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind strongly protests against forcing school children to observe religious ritual of a particular religion and demand for the removal of this practice. According to provision of the constitution, every citizen of this country is free to practice a religion of his/her choice. Therefore forcing school children to observe religious ritual of a particular religion is against the very spirit of the constitution. In a secular democratic like India the members of majority community cannot impose their religious, cultural and
rituals upon other citizens. Srasawati bandana and Surya namaskar etc are religious rituals of Hindu commuity. These rituals cannot be imposed upon the school going children of religious groups in the name of Indian culture. The citizens of this country are free to
observe their religious rituals in mosque, temples, church and other religious institutions . But forcing school going children to observe religious ritual of a particular religion is against basic principle of constitution. At least Muslim children should be exempted from performing these rituals, because observing them is against the basic tenets of Islam. In view of that this session of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind demands from the government to “Put a ban over observing religious rituals of a particular religion in schools so that members of every religion could freely get education in the same. If this practice is not banned then Jamiat will be forced to knock the doors of judiciary. This session of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind appeals to everyone present over here for launching a concerted struggle for preserving and protecting their religion”.
Resolution to Launch Social Reform Movement and Propagating Islamic Teachings
This session of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind feels that owing to international and domestic political scenario wide spread misgivings is being spread about Muslims and Islam. But we are not making any serious attempt for removing these misconceptions. These misgivings are taking firm roots in the mind of non-Muslims owing to un-Islamic practices of Muslims. In view of this scenario we appeal to every member and associates of Jamiat to display Islamic behavior in every aspects of their life. It is a continuing policy of Jamiat. Details of it are available in the literature published by Jamiat. It’s our day today experience that majority of Muslims are unaware about
Islamic moral and social ethics. Therefore they are morally degenerating causing disenchantment among non-Muslims. Therefore it is incumbent upon them to follow Islamic teachings in letter and spirit and remove prevailing social evils from society. Many persons who are unaware about highest moral character of Prophet Mohammad SAW make sinister attempt to tarnish his clean image. Therefore it’s a better time to display best Islamic behavior before the world community. Many measures could be taken to achieve these objectives like publishing Islamic literature and delivering lectures on important social issues. Seminars and symposia could be organized to propagate Islamic teachings among non-Muslims. Mass media could be utilized to achieve these objectives.
Resolutions Pertaining to the Muslim World
Thirty-Third General Session of Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind, Ajmer November, 11, 12, 13, 2016
This general session of Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind expresses deep sorrow over the abysmal conditions of the Muslim world, especially Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Libya and Palestine. Currently, the entire Muslim world has fallen a victim of America, Zionism and the allied powers’ tyranny. The these powers have sown in the name of fighting terrorism and establishing democracy and freedom is shedding the blood of the Arab world today. Those who are losing their lives by the attacks of ISIS, Al-Nasrah, and Syrian government, allied forces led by Saudi Arabia, Russia and America are mainly innocent and helpless human beings, children and women.
The military intervention and blocked launched by the Saudi-led coalition against Hauthis in March 2015 on the request of the Yemen president Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi have although failed to fetch the expected result, it has caused crisis of economy, want of food and destruction of lives to eighty percent of the common citizens. This war has left more than three million people homeless, while
nearly fourteen million people are passing through food crisis.
This session of Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind, therefore, appeals to all the related parties to seek a solution through an unconditional political dialogue.
All the warring parties should care for the internationally accepted laws pertaining to the human rights and should not prevent the relief from reaching the needy people. Moreover, an independent international enquiry should be conducted on the violations of the human rights.
Both the parties should cease the war in the light of the resolutions put forth by the United Nations Organization (UNO) and other world organizations. Furthermore, accepting the elected government, a system should be formed that ensures suitable and equal political representation for all classes of citizens.
This general session of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind while condemning the terror acts, views and intentions of ISIS, appeals the elected government of Iraq not to look at this issue in the perspective of Shia and Sunni, and ensure participation of every group for clearing rebellion and complaints of the common citizens. Also, it should consider it as its primary duty to rehabilitate the people who have
been rendered houseless due to war. Different groups of people should unitedly form policies in the favor of their countries and common masses with sentiment of sacrifices.
This session of Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind feels that the Syrian government is trying to suppress the public anger instead of resolving the issues. The hostile and tyrant treatment which it has meted on its public is condemnable. The world powers have created such a situation in Syria which cannot be described by any word. Millions of people have been killed and made homeless over there.
This session of Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind makes sincere appeal to all the concerning parties of Syria and especially the government of Bashar al-Asad to consider their duties under the world human rights laws and stop launching attacks on the public through dangerous weapons and bombs.
The air bombardment and military flights in the residential areas should be immediately stopped and the relief agencies should be given a way to reach the victims.
The Russian and Syrian forces should stop blockade and attacks at Aleppo and take part in relief and rehabilitation of millions of homeless people.
Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind appeals the world communities to do kind treatment to the Syrian refugees and provide the homeless people with basic human needs. Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind admires the sympathy of the European countries towards humanity, which have given shelter to millions of Syrian citizens. But it demands France not to torture the poor in the name of searching.
This session of Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind expresses deep agony on the political, economical and living conditions of Libya after fall of the Muammar Ghaddafi government and appeals all the concerning parties to take part in building the countries through peace, not war. It is the responsibility of the Government of National Accord, current ruling body of Libya to ensure ceasefire and work for unity in the country without having the sentiments of taking revenge.
Resolution on Palestine
This session of Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind lauds the decree of UNESCO giving primary rights to Muslims over Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa Mosque complex and the Western Wall. Al-Aqsa mosque is the first qibla (direction for salah) for Muslims and therefore a highly sacred site. Thus, it is not related only to Palestine; rather to the entire Muslims community around the world. The UNO has recently passed numerous decrees in the favor of the oppressed Palestinians. But it is highly condemnable that Israel is continuously violating the judgments of the UNO and the world communities and killing the Palestinian children, women and weak people in different ways. It seems that Israel has no regard for the international laws and human rights charter.
Therefore, this session of Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind demands from the world communities, Muslim world and the UNO:
1. To intervene for establishment of an independent Palestinian state, so that the way for rehabilitation and returning of the Palestinian refugees may get smoothed. Also, Israel should be compelled to vacate the occupied Arabs territories and strop its expansionist policy.
2. The blockade on Gaza should be immediately lifted. If Israel does not care for the resolutions of the world community and the UNO and continues forcing millions of people living in confinement, it should be declared a terrorist state in no delay and economical ban should imposed on it.
3. Now when the trusteeship of Muslims over the Al-Aqsa mosque has been decreed, Israel should immediately vacate the Bait al-Muqaddas and, based on the Oslo Accords, hand over the control of Al-Quds to the Palestinians.
4. Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind considers the policy of the present central government of India towards Palesinte as deviation from the old policy of the country. India has always favored the freedom struggle of the Palestinians and establishment of the independent Palestinian state. So, the Jamiat Ulama feels anxious on intentional absence of India from the voting
conducted by UNESCO on the Al-Aqsa mosque and likening the surgical strike as the Israeli strike, and demands from it to revisit its relationship with the tyrant and expansionist Israel following into the footsteps of Mahatama Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru and Atal Bihari Vajpayee, and not to violate the old tradition of India to be friends with the weaker and oppressed sections around the world.
Resolution on protection of faith, removing the misconception about Islam and effective approach of Dawa:
This session of Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind feels that misconception about Islam is systematically being spread in the present era. It does not only cast negative impact on the just minded unbiased people, but also affects our own new generation. Misconception is being created through the false linkage of terrorism with Islam and the unequal and unjust treatment of Muslims with women and children.
It is therefore, compulsory to remove such misconception to protect the faith and keep the new generation firm on the belief. Therefore, this session appeals the Ulama and the authorities of Madrasas in common to provide their students with positive environment to solve the newly created issues and problems, inculcating the deep expertise in the sciences of Qurán, hadith fiqh, principles of fiqh and other branches notwithstanding. The Madrasas should also create an environment where the students could easily make recourse to the reference books along with the syllabus. Apart from that, the students should be imparted the skills of communicating the message of Islam in the language and terms relevant to the present period.
It is compulsory to respond effectively to the propaganda raised by media, in the age where media has achieved a dominating position in the society, against the Islamic injunctions and doctrines and Islamic movements. It is therefore necessary to deal with the misgivings which are created today in the style and form that are relevant today.
The Ulama, instead of staying confined to their own environment, should feel their responsibility to confront the global situations and modern scientific and theoretical challenges. They should bridge the gap between Ulama and the common people and hold the position to guide the Ummah in proper way. We need the rethink the present Dawa approach. There is lack of balance between
oration and practical character. Therefore, the message of Islam should be communicated to the humanity through practical programmes.
Islam is a religion of mercy. The benefit of existence, society and character of Muslims is not confined only to them. Muslims and non-Muslims are alike in attaining benefit from them. Efforts should be made to put this point in the center of the Dawa acts. Islam does not basically intend to occupy the power; instead, our primary motive is to establish justice and eradicate the evils.
Resolution on the judicial, parliamentary and media efforts related to protection of Muslim Personal Law
This general session of Jamiat Ulama declares that the Muslim Personal Law (Islamic injunctions pertaining to marriage, divorce, Khula and succession) is not made by the Muslims themselves. It has been made by Allah Himself, and therefore, beyond any change or abrogation. A Muslim can never accept any sort of change in these injunctions.
Apart from that, the Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind considers the inclination of the Indian government toward enforcing the Uniform Civil Code in the whole country as against the democratic rights of the citizens and secularism of the country. This is sheer violation of the article 25 of the Constitution, which clearly ensures for every citizen to accept, practice and propagate their faith. It can also, according to the article 13, not be changed through any legal order. Despite of this clear assurance and constitutional explanation, making any effort to enforce the Uniform Civil Code will be considered as clear violation of the Constitution of India as well as the principles of justice. This session also makes it clear that the people unaware of the Islamic teachings and injunctions are not the representatives of Islam in regards with the religious affairs. Therefore, their views concerning the Muslims Personal Law and other religious affairs have no value in the eyes of the Muslims in general. Moreover, those who talk about change in the Muslim Personal Law or enforcement of the Uniform Civil Code are not only the enemies of Islam and Muslims, but also hostile towards the country. Thus, their attitude in this regard is condemnable. On this occasion, we would like to repeat the pledge of Maulana Husain Ahmad Madani, former president of Jamiat Ulama regarding the Muslims Personal Law and the Uniform Civil Code: “Muslim in India will live
with full freedom of faith and their culture. They will prefer to die respectfully over living as slaves of others.” On this occasion, the message of Maulana Asad Madani also provides with the best way: “We are the free citizens of this country, and we are not ready to give up this right. If the Uniform Civil Code is formed against the Islamic principles or our Personal Law is changed, we seize to remain as free citizens in this country anymore.”
Apart from all these points, the Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind declares that it will take initiative to protectthe Shariáh at every level. Apart from judicial effort regarding the Triple Talaq, it will continue to retort the elements which mock with the Shariáh while talking about the issue of Talaq. Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind declares that it will leave no stone unturned in protecting the Shariáh.
Resolution on the recent incidents of unrest in Kashmir
Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind expresses deep sorrow on the unrest, violation of the human rights, incidents of death as a result of clash between the army and the Kashmiri youths and thousands of people losing their vision in Kashmir. The economical crisis that took place due to continuous curfew over of period of two months is also a matter of anxiety. Unfair acts of the police and army, unethical use of the pallet gun, search actions in the houses and desecration of the mosques and imams are highly condemnable acts.
Based on this situation, this session demands the central government:
1. To set up an enquiry commission against the culprit police officials and the criminals should be given severe punishment after unbiased enquiry.
2. To stop use of the pallet gun and other fatal weapons against the protestors and consider the Kashmiri people as citizens of this country and compel the army and other agencies not to adopt inhuman measures. The use of pallet guns against eh protestors and common citizens claimed many lives and visions of many people. Therefore, the army should be strongly prevented from resorting to such inhuman acts.
3. The “armed forces special power act” and the “public safety act” should be abrogated. The security the army officials enjoy under these acts are great hurdles in the way of establishing peace and trust.
4. The government should accept the old demands of the Kashmir public according to the constitution and make quick announcement for establishment of all democratic rights. The government should take initiative to hold decisive dialogue to settle the controversial issues. It has been said that the experts are sent to Kashmir for a dialogue during the days of unrest
just for show off. But nothing happens when things become normal. This session, therefore, demands to stop the namesake conversation and hold systematic dialogue on political issue with all concerning people including the separatists. If the government can talk to the Naga separatists, so why can it not with the Kashmiris, while the issue of Kashmir is more linked.
with the security of the country?
5. We want to assure the Kashmiri people that we feel their pain and agony as the citizen of this country and support them. We do not consider their interests separated from the interests of the common Indian Muslims. We appeal all the just minded movements and organizations of the country, irrespective of faith and community, to make effort on various levels to establish peace in Kashmir and bring justice to the oppressed people. Apart from that, this session also appeals to the Kashmiri protestors and their leaders to
adopt the peaceful and democratic method for their rights, stay away from violence and adopt measures according to Islamic and ethical values.