Highlights of the speech of Maulana Mahmood Madani sb
• To fight out communalism and terrorism, the national interest must prevail upon the personal interest of any particular section.
• We Indians, instead of Kings and Maharajas, bow down in respect and love to Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Ajmeri RA who was the dervish of his time. He sits high on pedestal of hearts of both Hindus and Muslims because he conquered our hearts. Whoever conquers the heart is the ruler of his time.
• It is decision of our elders that the interest of the Indian Muslims cannot be different from the nation.
New Delhi, March 1, 2018: Today in a function held at Vigyan Bhawan, the Prime Minister Shri Narender Modi presented to His Majesty King Abdullah II of Jordan Urdu edition of the book ‘A Thinking Man’s guide to Islam’.
The book has been authored by Prince Ghazi Bin Mohammad of Jordan and translated into Urdu by Maulana Mahmood Madani, General Secretary, Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind.
Following the special address by the Prime Minister and King Abdullah on Islamic Heritage: promoting, understanding and moderation, Maulana Mahmood Madani also delivered and introductory speech on the relevance of the book to the present day.
Maulana Madani while referring to the current situation said that to fight out communalism and terrorism, the national interest must prevail upon the personal interest of any particular section.
In an eight points speech, Maulana Mahmood Madani also spoke on the following issues.
(1) The release of Urdu edition of His Royal Highness Prince Ghazi Bin Mohammad’s Book “A Thinking Man’s guide to Islam” is a historic event. The book highlights the true meaning of Islam, its universalism, its message of love, peace and co-existence.
Our esteemed Chief Guest HIS Majesty King Abdullah Thani has truly said that book was going to bridge the gulf to the great extent.
(2) For the people of India, mutual love and tolerance signifies comparatively rather extra more. Our motherland holds dear to its bosom the children of all the religions, colors, civilizations, culture, origin and language. What binds us together is neither a specific religion, nor color, nor origin, nor civilization nor language rather what ties us together as one nation is the bond of mutual love and respect for each other. Our national unity is not the product of any historic accident. It is deeply rooted in our land and forms the body and soul of our nation.
(3) Our great Indian spiritual icons, Shri Ram chandre Ji, Mahatma Budha, Mahavir Jain and their teachings of love and humanism flow through the blood of every Indian. After them followed line of Sufis who introduced the Prophet of Islam Hazrat Mohammad’s message of love and peace in India which was not alien to the soul and heritage of Indian people and thus a new syncretized nation and civilization flourished. Sufis like Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Ajmeri, Hazrat Baba Fareed Ganj Shakar, Hazrat Nezamuddin Auliya, Hazrat Khwaja Ameer Khusro ,along with them the saints like Guru Nanak, Tulsidas and Kabeerdas infested the hearts of Indian people with love through their songs which are now the part and parcel of our Islamic and national heritage.
(4) We Indians, instead of Kings and Maharajas, bow down in respect and love to Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Ajmeri RA who was the dervish of his time. He sits high on pedestal of hearts of both Hindus and Muslims because he conquered our hearts. Whoever conquers the heart is the ruler of his time.
(5) The secret of Mahatma Gandhi’s successful freedom struggle lies in his coming together with all sections of the country. Our great elders and forefathers like Maulana Mahmood Hassan Deobandi and Maulana Abul Kalam Azad raised the banner of united nationhood according to the teachings of Islam. The great freedom fighter Maulana Hussain Ahmad Madani played crucial role in establishing democracy and secularism in this country through his ideology of composite nationalism based on Islamic teaching.
(6) Muslims have dual tools in the form of iman and Islam. Iman means security and Islam means protection and peace. Our Prophet describing the attributes of a Muslim said effectually that the momin (faithful) is the one from whose hands the life and property of other persons remain protected. On another occasion, he said that Muslim is the one who does not pose threat to anyone.
(7) Presenting such a model of Islam, Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind has always played active role in the jihad against terrorism and communalism. Our struggle against terrorism goes back to decade. We came up with fatwa against terrorism signed with 6000 Islamic scholars which was followed more than 250 conferences and rallies consecutively all over the country. We raised voice universally that Islam is helpful in rotting out terrorism not that it colludes in anyway with its perpetrators. We appeal to the big powers of the world that they should include in their action program the Islam’s message of peace and love also because the religion even today directs the lives of supermost majority of the world because the religion is the biggest tool for fighting hatred and violence.
(8) Islam has not imposed establishment of friendly relation upon its followers as a legal binding rather it is a religious command. I reiterate that to fight out communalism and terrorism, the national interest must prevail upon the personal interest of any particular section. Our forefathers have always given very importance to the national interests as our religion guides them towards that. It is decision of our elders that the interest of the Indian Muslims cannot be different from the nation. Lastly I express my belief that this book Insha Allah will help to correct distorted image of Islam and establish its true message of love and peace. The Hindi and Gujarati version of the book will soon see the light of the day.