New Delhi, 05th August 2019: In the face of growing incidents of mob lynching across the country, Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind (JUH) a representative organization of the Indian Muslim today organized Aman & Ekta Sammelan at Talkatora Stadium at New Delhi.
The Sammelan was attended by leaders of different faiths. All the leaders and participants unanimously vowed to fight against the menace of mob-lynching. They also issued a joint declaration in this regard terming the Killing, burning, and elimination of unarmed vulnerable civilians in the name of religion or patriotism and publicizing such acts on social media to terrorize the public at large as the most repugnant and abominable acts. It cannot be tolerated in any civilized society. The declaration while calling those who are trying to divide Indians are the worst enemies of the country and nation, demands from the central and state governments to legislate against mob lynching providing for strict punishment to the perpetrators and police and administrative officials found negligent in fulfilling their duty.
JUH General Secretary Maulana Mahmood Madani while addressing the gathering on the occasion said that it is the primary duty of every responsible citizen to work for the amity and brotherhood among the countrymen and tame the growing feeling of hatred and animosity. For this purpose (JUH) has decided to establish ‘Jamiat Sadvawna Munch’ at District and city level to promote amity and friendship among people of a different faith, caste, and creed, etc. Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind President Maulana Qari Mohammad Usman Mansoorpuri in his presidential address said that all Indians are one nation. He also referred to the idea of composite nationalism propounded by Maulana Hussain Ahmad Madani in this regard. He also appealed to the Muslims to exercise good moral and behavior in society and keep away from expressing sentimentalism and frustration. Swami Chidanand Saraswati Maharaj president Parmarth Niketan Ashram appreciated Jamiat’s move to establish Sadbhavna Manch – a common platform for Hindu and Muslims. He said that we should work for the development of the country. Besides him, Maulana Arshad Madani, Maulana Syed Ashraf Kachochvi, Acharya Lokesh Muni, Gayani Ranjeet Singh, Anil Joseph Thomas, and several other faith leaders addressed the overflowed gathering which jammed the whole area. Nearly 30, 000 people were to stay at roads leading to Taklkatora due to heavy inflow in the Stadium.
The text of the joint declaration adopted in the Sammelan
This Sammelan declares that all Indians are one nation. We must reject any division based on religion, caste, color, race, language, and sect. Those who are trying to divide us are the worst enemies of our country and nation. We will not let them succeed in their design.
1. Killing, burning, and elimination of unarmed vulnerable civilians in the name of religion or patriotism and publicizing such acts on social media to terrorize the public at large is most repugnant and abominable. It cannot be tolerated in any civilized society. We disown and denounce any such barbarous movements and organizations. We demand effective action against them.
2. To remain a silent spectator in the face of atrocity itself is atrocious. Therefore, to raise voice against mob lynching in any part of the country, to protest and awaken the government and the administration and to hold them accountable is our common religious, national and social duty. We should be ready to offer any sacrifice that may be needed to fulfill this duty.
3. The people carrying on protest and struggle against the atrocities must remember that they must not cross the limits of tolerance and justice and they must act in unison for the public welfare and establishment of peace and justice and not for revenge. This is the demand of not only our religion but our Constitution too. Defense of our family and neighbors is not only our legal rights but our religious and national duty as well. We should stand together in solidarity to fulfill our duty and we must not demonstrate cowardice and timidity.
4. To uphold the peaceful atmosphere in the country, ‘Jamiat Sadbhavna Manch’ shall be constituted in every city and district which comprises peace-loving citizens from every religion and community. The Munch should hold occasional joint meetings and programs so that they could help restore mutual trust amongst the communities.
5. This Sammelan reiterates that Islam is the religion of peace and harmony and is a boon for the whole of humanity. Varied misconceptions and falsehoods tainting Islam with terrorism, radicalism and gender injustice are being spread by forces inimical to the eternal truths of our Islamic faith and heritage. Whereas the stand of Islam about terrorism is very clear. Terrorism in all its forms is condemnable and against the basic tenets of Islam. We resolve therefore that it is our prime duty to dispel such misgivings and present the true face of Islam to the world through acts that promote mutual-understanding and harmonious actions for a happier, healthier and more sustainable future for the benefit of everyone, everywhere.
6. This Sammelan demands from the central and state governments to legislate against mob lynching providing for strict punishment to the perpetrators and police and administrative officials found negligent in fulfilling their duty.
7. We also call upon all the followers of Islam, and other faiths and social organizations to come together in fellowship for eradicating crimes, drug and alcohol abuse, sexual exploitation, female foeticide, and other harmful and immoral practices.
8. We call for the upliftment of the downtrodden women, scheduled classes and minority populations by assuring equal opportunities and social justice for all.
9. In this crucial time in history, when our natural resources are depleting, global warming and threats of violence and natural disasters are increasing, hatred whether verbal or otherwise can no longer be tolerated. We pledge to bridge across all sects, faiths, castes, and creeds and to lend our hands and hearts for a new era dedicated to greener and more harmonious future.
10. The dream of a strong, prosperous and united India can be made a reality through the unity of all sects and faiths, working side-by-side for a clean, green and prosperous future for everybody, everywhere. Therefore, we pledge to come together and stay together for a unified campaign to restore our polluted and shrinking water bodies, as well as our forests, cities and villages through the plantation of trees, the advancement of water-saving farming and, the promotion of healthy water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), and other integrated actions for the health and well-being of all.
Kindly publish the press Release and oblige.
Media incharge Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind (7874012584)